Protium provides green hydrogen and renewable energy solutions to organisations seeking to achieve net zero emissions and build a cleaner, greener world for the future. In January 2021 Protium announced a major partnership with Scottish whisky giant, Bruichladdich, to support the distillery accelerate its move to net zero. This announcement sought to demonstrate Protium’s position as the go-to hydrogen solutions provider, but equally to help communicate Bruichladdich’s ambitious net zero targets.
- Outlined a content and media relations strategy to land the story with most impact
- Led on the drafting and executing the story, targeting strategically relevant journalists and publications across Scotland, wider UK press and a wide-range of energy/hydrogen specific media
- Worked with a range of partners to maximise impact
- Executed media relations activity to maximise coverage and reach
- Managed all press activity, including reactive commentary, Q&A and other inbound management following the announcement
- Facilitated a series of media interviews with The Times and other trade targets
THE BOLD SPACE:
'HYDROGEN GIVEN GREEN LIGHT BY WHISKY BRAND'
We quickly identified the unique angles and hooks that highlight how the project represents a new era for the energy usage in whisky production. Our strategy focused the issues currently faced by producers like Bruichladdich and other remote manufacturing locations, while uncovering how hydrogen is a significant opportunity to address this major issue. The collection of funding, the brands involved and painting a picture of the accelerating hydrogen landscape made for a story we knew would garner interest from the market.
…pieces of coverage generated across core target media, with an interview secured with The Times and coverage landing with The Herald, Energy Voice, Renewable Energy Magazine, The Energyst, edie and more
...regions the story was covered in, including the United Kingdom, Australia and Spain
…inbound sales leads generated in direct response to seeing the announcement in the first week alone