OFFICE MANAGER / EA
Boldspace is looking for an Office Manager / Executive Assistant to take ownership of day-to-day operations across the business as it embarks on a period of rapid growth and scale-up.
Boldspace is a brand building, communications and analytics business that combines an agency services model with a proprietary data and analytics platform, BoldLensTM, that operates as a SaaS (software-as-a-service) product for clients across a wide-range of sectors. The business was founded in the first half of 2020 and has grown to more than 35 employees. Its clients include Direct Line Group, the Post Office, Silverstone, carwow, and many more.
This is a business on an exciting journey to challenge the status quo in the advertising, marketing and communications industries – and we’re looking for our first office manager to help us make that a reality and be with us for the long-term as a key part of the team.
You will report directly to the Co-CEOs and play a critical role in three key regards:
- Operations: you will manage everything about the Boldspace office and operations – from day-to-day logistics to bigger event or programme delivery;
- Culture: we want this person to be the ‘life and soul’ of Boldspace – someone that everyone in the business looks up to as the most passionate about the company’s culture, always fun and looking for more ways to get people interacting, getting to know each other and continuing to make Boldspace the best possible place to work; and
- Executive assistant: you will support the Co-CEOs in an EA role.
You’ll be the go-to person in the London office regarding all office-related matters. You will take ownership and be passionate about making the office not only look great but also making it a great place to work for all colleagues to be productive and happy.
- Management of the company’s HR platform (Charlie HR) and be the point of contact for our external HR consultants
- Managing the relationship with our IT provider and ordering relevant office supplies
- Serving as staff point of contact with any office requirements
- Manage relevant budgets, including office budgets, IT and HR
- Basic HR administration for staff members
- Lead the onboarding of all new joiners to the company
- Manage ongoing ‘surprise and delight’ activities for staff, including birthday presents (for example)
- Management of company events, including Christmas and summer parties, with support from wider Boldspace team
- Close working relationship with the finance manager on client and internal reporting through our client management systems – Synergist and Monday.com
- Be responsible for building and maintaining a great culture at Boldspace
- Constantly looking for ways to make Boldspace a better place to work, enhancing employee happiness and creating the necessary opportunities to get the team/s together in-person wherever possible
- Oversee the Culture Committee, made-up of Boldspace employees from across the business
- Manage the monthly ‘culture budget’
- Diary management, ensuring meetings are quickly scheduled and clashes are avoided
- Email inbox support
- General research tasks as required from time-to-time
- Expense and timesheet support
- Support with the creation of materials for relevant internal meetings, including the company’s monthly update
- Booking couriers and cars as needed
- Booking national and international travel, including making necessary accommodation and visa arrangements
- Attending internal meetings on behalf of the Co-CEOs to represent them and take actions where required
KEY SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Innovative and applicable – a problem solver who can just get things done
- The ideal candidate will have 4+ years’ relevant experience – ideally within an advertising, marketing or public relations business.
- Possesses great attention to detail and time-management skills
- An exceptional written and verbal communicator
- Demonstrates proficiency in using all Microsoft Office applications
- Willingness to be in our London office (Soho Square) physically for minimum 3-4 days per week
THE ATTRIBUTES WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Intelligence – Strong background with demonstrated organisational skills
- Passion – Enjoy working in fast-paced, ambitious teams and hitting deadlines
- Communication – Exceptional in-person, verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail – Care in every detail and diligence for the highest quality work
- Independence – Or culture is about getting the job done. We want people who are flexible and take responsibility and initiative for their own work, development and careers. We trust you to do your job and put in 110% – and for that, we provide a culture of ultimate flexibility and trust.
COMPANY VALUES AND CULTURE
- BOLDNESS:We are proactively confident and courageous in our attitude and approach.
- TRANSPARENCY:We are honest with our clients and each other.
- EMPATHY:We care about each other and the world we live in.
- CHALLENGE:We question what we are told and how things seem.
- PROGRESSIVENESS:Our environment, company, people & product must always be better.
WHAT YOU GET IN RETURN
Apart from the base salary and being part of growing something special, you can expect a truly radical place to work with maximum freedom and benefits:
- Learning & development: everyone has a compulsory 1/2 day a month to learn, read and develop where they see fit.
- Pensions: a 5% employer contribution.
- Equipment: choose your own equipment – let us know which tools you need and we’ll do our best to get them for you.
- Holiday: unlimited holiday (including all UK public holidays) – we trust our staff to take the time they need and still excel in their jobs – and days off for birthdays and moving house are guaranteed!
- Regular salary reviews: in line with a salary framework, to ensure equal pay for equal work and that we recognise and reward when your responsibilities increase.
- Socials: team socials regularly, chosen by the team.
- Supporting good causes: we contribute some of our outperformance to charitable causes which the team help choose.
- Wellness: time within working hours every week for those that want or need it.
- Unlimited remote GP consultations when you need it, 24/7.
- Remote mental health and wellbeing support.
- Monthly benefits budget: £50 per month, every month, to spend on whatever you want – from a home delivered vegetable box and discounted gym memberships, to mental health support and professional coaching.
A CARBON NEUTRAL BUSINESS
Boldspace measures its performance on profit, people and planet combined. From day one, we will offset your carbon footprint entirely. The cost of this is covered 100% by the company.
Please submit a CV of maximum two pages to email@example.com.BACK