Full time, £30k
Boldspace is looking for a Junior Strategist/Strategist (dependent on level of experience) to play a crucial, supporting role within the agency, helping us make an objective, positive impact by building meaningful brands and creating bold communications. This is a role for those who are curious with a desire to explore, understand and simplify concepts to help our clients’ businesses.
The ideal candidate will have 3+ years’ experience and bring both a research-driven, analytical mind as well as bringing a passionate, creative spirit to the role. They must be as comfortable pulling insights from our data and analytics platform BoldLens, as they are assisting a brand workshop (or running one for our smaller projects), writing a compelling, emotive strategy or enthusiastically presenting a new opportunity to a client.
We are looking for someone with a track record of conducting quantitative and qualitative research, who can think laterally and present creative ideas enthusiastically. Experience working on integrated campaigns – in any and all media – is an advantage. Experience and knowledge across PR as well as advertising is also a bonus.
The ideal candidate shares our belief in the need to understand a ‘Whole World Brand View’ to solve problems in a modern world; and is dedicated to understanding every faction of both a brand and the landscape it operates in.
The role would suit either someone from a junior researcher role looking to be more hands-on or an account executive / account manager looking to advance their role into strategy.
The Junior Strategist will be the voice of the consumer and the client – capable of running day to day strategy across a range of clients, with oversight from Boldspace Leadership and the wider strategy team.
In your day-to-day in the role you would be expected to…
- Understand the true nature of a client’s business through quantitative and qualitative research
- Use multiple data sources to help get to the core of the problem and generate new insights to the client brief
- Be comfortable conducting stakeholder interviews to get to the heart of an issue and opportunity
- Write compelling creative briefs with unexpected thinking to generate exciting work
- Collaborate with the wider team to develop bold solutions to address consumer needs
Generate insights & measure effectiveness:
- Conduct research that generates original and innovative insights to shape communications
- Develop a POV by frequently generating trends and/or insights presentations for the business and for clients
- Moderate both quantitative and qualitative research
- Support on (and deliver) engaging strategy workshops that result in uncovering market opportunities
- Use BoldLens and additional data sets to inform new work and track / measure campaigns
Craft strategies & bring them to life:
- Help refine Boldspace’s integrative approach to brand strategy
- Be able to apply (or create) strategy models to create compelling strategic responses to client problems
- Create and plot winning positioning territories and bring them to life through creative copy
- Enthusiastically present creative brand copy and brand narratives rooted in insight and emotion
- Identify and prioritise key barriers & opportunities in both brand and user journeys
Skills and experience:
- Passionate about consumer behaviour and be able to interrogate the ‘why’ behind every project
- Competent with multitasking and be able to manage varied workloads
- Be constantly curious – always seeking a new way to solve consumer needs
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of digital platforms and advise on best use per client brief
- Able to produce well written, grammatically perfect client decks that do not need editing
- Social and comfortable to stand up and be heard amongst both colleagues and clients alike
- Collaborative team player who likes to work as part of a diverse group of people
- Desire to learn and develop commercially, especially when seeking new clients and business
THE ATTRIBUTES WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Intelligence: We want smart people who can distil the complicated into the simple – and we believe experience can come from anywhere. We want life-clever and book-clever people – and preferably a bit of both. You must be able to write well & creatively.
Commerciality: We are a new wave of agency for ambitious brands on a mission. Each of us must be able to grow existing accounts and also have new business goals, willing and capable of independently bringing a client or two in the door each year.
Independence: Our culture is about getting the job done, it’s not about a 9-5 job in the office. We want people who are flexible and take responsibility and initiative for their own work, development and careers. We trust you to do your job and put in 110% – and for that, we provide a culture of ultimate flexibility, autonomy and trust.
COMPANY VALUES AND CULTURE
BOLDNESS: We are proactively confident and courageous in our attitude and approach.
TRANSPARENCY: We are honest with our clients and each other.
EMPATHY: We care about each other and the world we live in.
CHALLENGE: We question what we are told and how things seem.
PROGRESSIVENESS: Our environment, company, people & product must always be better.
WHAT YOU GET IN RETURN
Apart from a good starting salary and being part of growing something special you can expect a truly radical place to work with maximum freedom and benefits:
Learning & development: everyone has a compulsory 1/2 day a month to learn, read and develop where they see fit.
Pensions: a 5% employer contribution.
Equipment: choose your own equipment – let us know which tools you need and we’ll do our best to get them for you.
Holiday: unlimited holiday (including all UK public holidays) – we trust our staff to take the time they need and still excel in their jobs – and days off for birthdays and moving house are guaranteed!
Flexible working: complete choice over where you work each day.
Regular salary reviews: in line with a salary framework, to ensure equal pay for equal work and that we recognise and reward when your responsibilities increase.
Socials: team socials regularly, chosen by the team.
Team retreats: time to get to know each other away from the office.
Bonus: radically transparent bonus structure where we ensure profit is shared with all staff.
Supporting good causes: we contribute some of our outperformance to charitable causes which the team help choose.
Wellness: time within working hours every week for those that want or need it.
Monthly benefits budget: £50 per month, every month, to spend on whatever you want – from a home delivered vegetable box and discounted gym memberships, to mental health support and professional coaching.
A CARBON NEUTRAL BUSINESS
Boldspace measures its performance on profit, people and planet combined. From day one, we will offset your carbon footprint entirely. The cost of this is covered 100% by the company.
Please submit a CV of maximum two pages (preferably one) and your portfolio of work to firstname.lastname@example.org.BACK