JUNIOR BRAND STRATEGIST
FULL TIME - £30K
Boldspace is looking for a Junior Brand Strategist to play a crucial, supporting role within the agency, helping us make an objective, positive impact by building meaningful brands and creating bold communications.
The ideal candidate will have 3+ years’ experience and bring both a research-driven, analytical mind as well as bringing a passionate, creative spirit to the role. They must be as comfortable pulling insights from our data and analytics platform BoldLens, as they are assisting a brand workshop (or running one for our smaller projects), writing a compelling, emotive brand story or enthusiastically presenting and justifying a new brand positioning to a client.
We are looking for someone with a track record of conducting research, either online or through face-to-face research, as well as presenting work and thinking creatively.
Experience working on campaigns – in any and all media – Is an advantage. Experience and knowledge across PR as well as advertising is also a bonus.
We are looking for someone who shares our belief in the need to understand a ‘Whole World Brand View’ to solve problems in a modern world; and is dedicated to understanding every faction of both a brand and the landscape it operates in.
The role would suit either someone from a junior researcher role looking to be more hands-on or an account executive / account manager looking to advance their role into strategy.
The Junior Brand Strategist will be capable of leading day to day strategy across a range of clients, with oversight from the Co-founders, and support from the full team. You will report directly to the Strategy Director, Adam Larter.
In your day-to-day in the role you would be expected to:
– Deﬁne the true nature of a client problem through both online and real-world investigation
– Use data to help get to the core of the problem and bring new insight to the client brief
– Conduct stakeholder interviews to get to the heart of an issue and opportunity
– Set KPIs for how our work will be tracked and measured
– Write compelling creative briefs to generate exciting work
Generate insights & measure effectiveness:
– Conduct research that generates original and innovative insights to shape communications
– Write frequent trend presentations for client and agency
– Moderate both quantitative and qualitative research
– Support on (and deliver) engaging brand workshops that result in uncovering market opportunities
– Use BoldLens and additional data sets to inform new work and track / measure campaigns
Craft strategies & bring them to life:
– Help refine Boldspace’s integrative approach to brand strategy
– Be able to build strategy models and create compelling strategic responses to client problems
– Create and plot winning positioning territories and bring them to life through creative copy
– Present creative brand copy and brand narratives rooted in insight and emotion
– Identify and prioritise key barriers & opportunities in both brand and user journeys
– Create a brand personality, tone of voice and messaging framework
– Ideate and write white papers and effectiveness papers
Skills and experience:
– Passionate about engagement and be able to interrogate the ‘why’ behind every project
– Competent with multitasking and be able to manage varied workloads
– Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of digital platforms and advise on best use per client brief
– Able to produce well written, grammatically perfect client decks that do not need editing
– Social and comfortable to stand up and be heard amongst both colleagues and clients alike
– Team player who likes to work as part of a diverse group of people
– Have a track record of growing accounts commercially and seeking out new clients
THE ATTRIBUTES WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Intelligence: fundamentally we want smart people who can distil the complicated into the simple. This doesn’t mean you need an Oxbridge degree – far from it. We want life-clever and book-clever people – and preferably a bit of both. You must be able to write well & creatively.
Commerciality: this is not a strategy job with multi-national client briefs, global budgets and briefs flooding through the door – yet. We are a new wave of agency for challenger and ambitious brands on a mission. Each of us must be able to grow existing accounts and also have new business goals, willing and capable of independently bringing a client or two in the door each year.
Independence: our culture is about getting the job done, it’s not about a 9-5 job in the office. We want people who are flexible and take responsibility and initiative for their own work, development and careers. We trust you to do your job and put in 110% – and for that, we provide a culture of ultimate flexibility and trust.
COMPANY VALUES AND CULTURE
BOLDNESS: We are proactively confident and courageous in our attitude and approach.
TRANSPARENCY: We are honest with our clients and each other.
EMPATHY: We care about each other and the world we live in.
CHALLENGE: We question what we are told and how things seem.
PROGRESSIVENESS: Our environment, company, people & product must always be better.
WHAT YOU GET IN RETURN
Apart from a good starting salary and being part of growing something special you can expect a truly radical place to work with maximum freedom and benefits:
Learning & development: Everyone has a compulsory 1/2 day a month to learn, read and develop where they see fit
Pensions: Pensions, with a 5% employer contribution.
Team retreats: Bi-annual team retreats. A time to get to know each other away from the office.
Equipment: Choose your own equipment: let us know which tools you need and we’ll do our best to get them for you.
Holiday: Unlimited days’ holiday a year (incl. UK public holidays) – we trust our staff to take the time they need and still excel in their jobs – birthdays and moving house guaranteed!
Flexible working: Complete choice over where you work each day
Regular salary reviews: In line with a salary framework, to ensure equal pay for equal work and that we recognise and reward when your responsibilities increase.
Socials: Team socials once a month, chosen by the team, as soon as the world opens up!
Bonus: Radically transparent bonus structure where you could receive up to 30% of salary + for employee referrals and commission for on leads
Contribution: We contribute some of our outperformance to charitable causes which the team help choose
Wellness: Time within working hours every week for those that want or need it
Share options: The opportunity to join our employee share option scheme in time
A CARBON NEUTRAL BUSINESS
Boldspace measures its performance on profit, people and planet combined. From day one, we will offset your carbon footprint entirely. The cost of this is covered 100% by the company.
Please submit a CV of maximum two pages (preferably one) and your portfolio of work to email@example.com.