HEAD OF SALES – BOLDLENS
FULL TIME: COMPETITIVE SALARY PLUS UNCAPPED BONUS
This individual will be in a key client-facing role and take ownership of all revenue generation for BoldLens: building, managing and developing a high-performance sales team; creating a methodical sales process; filling and driving the sales pipeline; and closing enterprise-level deals across all industry verticals.
Are you the person excited by the challenge of building a technology platform from six-digit ARR into multi-million?
WHAT IS BOLDLENS?
BoldLensTM is the wholly-owned data & analytics platform of Boldspace, a brand building, communications and analytics agency launched last year.
BoldLens enables clients to inform, measure, track, and drive campaigns. It lets a business pull key figures relevant to their work, including paid spend data, earned coverage reporting, content and search performance, competitor comparison and benchmarking, social listening and brand tracking. It overlays all activity with commercial results, visualised in an incredibly simply format. No vast data reels, no complicated operating systems, no noise. Just what they need to know, in real time.
BoldLens is a standalone product being sold to businesses across all verticals. Existing clients include the likes of Silverstone and West Ham United, as well as a wide-range of businesses in ecommerce, technology and financial services. It is also sold as part of agency-led work and forms the core of how Boldspace, as an agency, delivers for clients – making our work trackable and accountable across all marketing and communications channels.
We are looking for someone who can grow an exciting product from early beginnings into something that could change an industry. The product is already revenue-generating and has a strong base of clients, but following additional development and deployment we are now seeking to supercharge and professionalise its growth.
- Drive sales, aggressively expand the customer base and generate new revenue
- Build and maintain strong relationships with senior executives at clients
- Lead in-person client presentations to senior executives, including information discovery sessions, product demonstrations and proposals
- Engage with prospects to understand their unique and specific pain points and produce compelling business cases to meet their needs
- Contact potential prospects from personally-generated research to build a robust sales pipeline
- Develop and implement a scalable sales process from prospecting/demand generation through contract execution
- In time, hire, train and lead a team of sales professionals, customer success and account executives as we grow
- Work with internal team members, most notably the head of data & analytics and product manager, to ensure successful on-boarding and implementation for new clients
- Construct, forecast, and manage sales activity and drive pipeline to meet revenue targets and company goals
- Collaborate with internal product teams and provide feedback from the field to help shape future development
- Work closely with the Boldspace co-founders to provide input on the growth of the business and align revenue strategy with overall company objectives
The Boldspace office is based in Central London (on Oxford Street) but we are accepting applications from remote-based individuals for this role. You will report directly to the co-founders of the business and sit on the management team.
THE EXPERIENCE WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in B2B/enterprise software sales.
- Experience in the marketing, communications or advertising space a strong advantage.
- Record of meeting or exceeding sales quotas.
- Experience in lead generation and outbound prospecting.
- Passion, drive and the desire to be a part of a growing team that makes a difference for both the company and our clients.
- Exceptional in-person, verbal and written communication skills a must (comfortable presenting alone in front of large groups).
- Established relationships with senior executives.
- Attention to detail: you are an leader that never allows a document to leave the company with a single mistake.
- Independence: our culture is about getting the job done, it’s not about a 9-5 job in the office. We want people who are flexible and take responsibility and initiative for their own work, development and careers. We trust you to do your job and put in 110% – and for that, we provide a culture of ultimate flexibility and trust.
COMPANY VALUES AND CULTURE
BOLDNESS: We are proactively confident and courageous in our attitude and approach. Our boldness is underpinned by the belief in the quality of our product and our minds, which we commit to improving for both our clients’ benefit and our own, every single day.
TRANSPARENCY: We are honest with our clients and each other. We do not hide behind complexity, trends and buzzwords. Our time, thinking, successes and failures are laid bare. We strive for learnings that make us better and honest relationships that grow into partnerships.
EMPATHY: We care about each other and the world we live in. We know the key to our success is in understanding people and to do this we must start with our team and clients. We will only make a sustainable, positive, meaningful impact if each action is rooted in empathy.
CHALLENGE: We question what we are told and how things seem, investigating everything ourselves to either substantiate or refute. We do not believe in best practice and generic, considered norms. We believe in challenge, debate, thinking, learning, change, evolution and breaking barriers.
PROGRESSIVENESS: Our environment, company, people, product and service must always evolve and be better. We can only do this if we experiment, learn, remedy and improve. We are passionately inclusive and heavily rely on difference and diversity for our collective growth.
WHAT YOU GET IN RETURN
Apart from a good starting salary you have an uncapped sales incentivisation programme, where we pay 5% of a year’s gross profit on any client you bring in and 2% of all gross profit in subsequent years, for as long as the client remains a user of BoldLens.
You will also be part of growing something special and can expect a truly radical place to work with maximum freedom and benefits:
- Bonus: Radically transparent bonus structure where you could receive up to 30% of salary on top of sales incentivisation scheme.
- Share options: The opportunity to join our employee share option scheme in time.
- Learning & development: Everyone has a compulsory 1/2 day a month to learn, read and develop where they see fit
- Pensions: a 5% employer contribution.
- Team retreats: Bi-annual team retreats. A time to get to know each other away from the office.
- Equipment: Choose your own equipment: let us know which tools you need and we’ll do our best to get them for you.
- Holiday: Unlimited days’ holiday a year (incl. UK public holidays) – we trust our staff to take the time they need and still excel in their jobs – birthdays and moving house guaranteed!
- Flexible working: Complete choice over where you work each day.
- Regular salary reviews: In line with a salary framework, to ensure equal pay for equal work and that we recognise and reward when your responsibilities increase.
- Socials: Team socials once a month, chosen by the team, as soon as the world opens up!
- Contribution: We contribute some of our outperformance to charitable causes which the team help choose.
- Wellness: Time within working hours every week for those that want or need it.
A CARBON NEUTRAL BUSINESS
Boldspace measures its performance on profit, people and planet combined. From day one, we will offset your carbon footprint entirely. The cost of this is covered 100% by the company.
Please submit a CV of maximum two pages to email@example.com.
In your cover email please outline and provide example/s of your track record in driving sales and consistently exceeding targets.BACK