Full time: £45k
Boldspace is looking for a Finance Manager to take ownership of day-to-day finance and operations as it embarks on a period of rapid growth and scale-up.
Boldspace is a brand building, communications and analytics business that combines an agency services model with a proprietary data and analytics platform, BoldLensTM, that operates as a SaaS (software-as-a-service) product for clients across a wide-range of sectors. The business was founded in the first half of 2020 and has grown to more than 30 employees and is projecting revenues of more than £3m in its current (third) financial year – with significant ambitions to scale rapidly over a further 3-5 year period.
This is a business on an exciting journey to challenge the status quo in the advertising, marketing and communications industries – and we’re looking for our first full time finance hire to help us make that a reality.
You will report directly to the Co-CEO and play a critical role in delivering a finance function that ensures the business is able to delivery that ambitious growth in the coming years.
The ideal candidate will be ACCA or CIMA qualified and have 4+ years’ experience across a wide-range of financial and operations responsibilities, able to take on the day-to-day management of the businesses’ financial operations from invoicing, payroll and supplier management to financial modelling, tax management and month-end.
- Management of general business accounting and filing
- Accounts receivable management, including timely invoicing
- Supplier management and payments
- Payroll management
- Expense management
- Management of month-end – including preparation and posting of journals
- Cashflow forecasting
- Job reporting and forecasting, including project accounting (mapping project revenue versus cost and time spent to ensure projects keep on budget, working with client teams)
- Cost of sales reconciliation
- Preparation of monthly management accounts presentation
- HMRC liaison / document submission
- Year-end accounts support
- R&D tax credit application management
- Quarterly VAT return management
- Management of payroll provider and point of contact for employees on all payroll-related issues
KEY SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- ACCA or CIMA qualified
- Strong working knowledge of Xero
- Experience of other finance/operations tools, or demonstrated ability to easily get to grips with other software (we currently use Synergist for agency management and Pento for payroll)
- Brilliant attention to detail
- Innovative and applicable – a problem solver who will work with the business to address issues and deliver the required results
COMPANY VALUES AND CULTURE
BOLDNESS: We are proactively confident and courageous in our attitude and approach.
TRANSPARENCY: We are honest with our clients and each other.
EMPATHY: We care about each other and the world we live in.
CHALLENGE: We question what we are told and how things seem.
PROGRESSIVENESS: Our environment, company, people & product must always be better.
WHAT YOU GET IN RETURN
Apart from a good starting salary and being part of growing something special you can expect a truly radical place to work with maximum freedom and benefits:
Learning & development: everyone has a compulsory 1/2 day a month to learn, read and develop where they see fit.
Pensions: a 5% employer contribution.
Equipment: choose your own equipment – let us know which tools you need and we’ll do our best to get them for you.
Holiday: unlimited holiday (including all UK public holidays) – we trust our staff to take the time they need and still excel in their jobs – and days off for birthdays and moving house are guaranteed!
Flexible working: complete choice over where you work each day.
Regular salary reviews: in line with a salary framework, to ensure equal pay for equal work and that we recognise and reward when your responsibilities increase.
Socials: team socials regularly, chosen by the team.
Team retreats: time to get to know each other away from the office.
Bonus: radically transparent bonus structure where we ensure profit is shared with all staff.
Supporting good causes: we contribute some of our outperformance to charitable causes which the team help choose.
Wellness: time within working hours every week for those that want or need it.
Monthly benefits budget: £50 per month, every month, to spend on whatever you want – from a home delivered vegetable box and discounted gym memberships, to mental health support and professional coaching.
A CARBON NEUTRAL BUSINESS
Boldspace measures its performance on profit, people and planet combined. From day one, we will offset your carbon footprint entirely. The cost of this is covered 100% by the company.
Please submit a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.BACK