ASSOCIATE STRATEGY DIRECTOR
Full time, £60k
Boldspace is looking for an Associate Strategy Director to play a crucial, leading role within the agency, helping us make an objective, positive impact by building meaningful brands and creating bold communications. They will make our clients’ business their business.
The ideal candidate will have 7+ years’ experience and bring both a research-driven, analytical mind as well as bringing a passionate, creative spirit to the role. They must be as comfortable pulling insights from our data and analytics platform BoldLens, as they are leading a workshop, writing a compelling, emotive brand story or enthusiastically presenting and justifying a new strategic positioning to a client. More importantly they are up to date with consumer behaviour – and will actively seek out ways to address consumer needs with innovative strategic thinking.
We are looking for someone with a track record of conducting consumer and brand research, leading workshops and guiding creative thinking to devise and execute successful campaigns and brand strategies. Experience planning campaigns and mapping out a targeted media mix is an advantage. Experience and knowledge across PR as well as advertising is also a bonus.
The ideal candidate shares our belief in the need to understand a ‘Whole World Brand View’ to solve problems in a modern world; and is dedicated to understanding every faction of both a brand and the landscape it operates in.
The Associate Strategy Director will be capable of leading day to day strategy across a range of clients, with oversight from Boldspace Leadership and support from the full team.
You will be able to…
- Understand and define the true nature of the client’s audience, objectives and priorities to lead the definition of solutions using online and real-work investigation
- Use quantitative and qualitative data sources to get to the core of client problems and bring new insight to the client brief
- Conduct stakeholder interviews to get to the heart of an issue and opportunity
- Set KPIs for how our work will be tracked and measured
- Proactively identify opportunities for client growth – and be comfortable provoking debate
Generate insights & measure effectiveness:
- Conduct research that generates original and innovative insights to shape communications
- Stay up to date and write frequent trend presentations for client and agency
- Have experience in moderating both quantitative and qualitative research
- Lead engaging brand workshops that result in uncovering market opportunities
- Use BoldLens and additional data sets to inform new work and track / measure campaigns
Craft strategies & bring them to life:
- Help refine and define Boldspace’s integrative approach to brand strategy
- Be able to build strategy models and create compelling strategic responses to client problems
- Create and plot winning positioning territories and bring them to life through creative copy
- Present creative brand copy and brand narratives rooted in insight and emotion
- Identify and prioritise key barriers & opportunities in both brand and user journeys
- Ideate and write white papers and effectiveness papers
Skills and experience:
- Passionate about engagement and be able to interrogate the ‘why’ behind every project
- Insatiable curiosity about culture and behavior – and can derive patterns and insights
- Competent with multitasking and be able to manage varied workloads
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of digital platforms and advise on best use per client brief
- Able to produce well written, grammatically perfect client decks that do not need editing
- Social and comfortable to stand up and be heard amongst both colleagues and clients alike
- Team player who likes to work as part of a diverse group of people
- Have a track record of growing accounts commercially and seeking out new clients
THE ATTRIBUTES WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Intelligence: We want smart people who can distil the complicated into the simple – but we believe that experience comes from anywhere allowing for unique perspectives to be introduced to client opportunities. We want life-clever and book-clever people – and preferably a bit of both. You must be able to write creatively and present passionately.
Commerciality: We are a new wave of agency for ambitious brands on a mission. Each of us must be able to grow existing accounts and also have new business goals, willing and capable of independently bringing a client or two in the door each year.
Independence: Our culture is about getting the job done, it’s not about a 9-5 job in the office. We want people who are flexible and take responsibility and initiative for their own work, development and careers. We trust you to do your job and put in 110% – and for that, we provide a culture of ultimate flexibility, autonomy and trust.
COMPANY VALUES AND CULTURE
BOLDNESS: We are proactively confident and courageous in our attitude and approach.
TRANSPARENCY: We are honest with our clients and each other.
EMPATHY: We care about each other and the world we live in.
CHALLENGE: We question what we are told and how things seem.
PROGRESSIVENESS: Our environment, company, people & product must always be better.
WHAT YOU GET IN RETURN
Apart from a good starting salary and being part of growing something special you can expect a truly radical place to work with maximum freedom and benefits:
Learning & development: everyone has a compulsory 1/2 day a month to learn, read and develop where they see fit.
Pensions: a 5% employer contribution.
Equipment: choose your own equipment – let us know which tools you need and we’ll do our best to get them for you.
Holiday: unlimited holiday (including all UK public holidays) – we trust our staff to take the time they need and still excel in their jobs – and days off for birthdays and moving house are guaranteed!
Flexible working: complete choice over where you work each day.
Regular salary reviews: in line with a salary framework, to ensure equal pay for equal work and that we recognise and reward when your responsibilities increase.
Socials: team socials regularly, chosen by the team.
Team retreats: time to get to know each other away from the office.
Bonus: radically transparent bonus structure where we ensure profit is shared with all staff.
Supporting good causes: we contribute some of our outperformance to charitable causes which the team help choose.
Wellness: time within working hours every week for those that want or need it.
Monthly benefits budget: £50 per month, every month, to spend on whatever you want – from a home delivered vegetable box and discounted gym memberships, to mental health support and professional coaching.
A CARBON NEUTRAL BUSINESS
Boldspace measures its performance on profit, people and planet combined. From day one, we will offset your carbon footprint entirely. The cost of this is covered 100% by the company.
Please submit a CV of maximum two pages (preferably one) and your portfolio of work to email@example.com.BACK