ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR, PUBLIC RELATIONS
Boldspace is looking for a talented Associate Director to lead accounts and play a crucial role in the future of our progressive, fast-growing agency. The ideal candidate will have 7+ years of proven agency experience working on clients across multiple sectors.
You will have a demonstrable track record of delivering PR programmes for clients. You will be an excellent client relationship manager; know how to manage teams and get the best out of people; and be as excited by running a pitch process as you are landing great work for clients.
You’ll have a progressive mindset and be excited about being part of an agency that is seeking to do things differently. You’ll be knowledgeable and interested in how data and creativity combined is the future, and how the agency of tomorrow must be agile across all channels, able to shift seamlessly from one to the next as the world around us changes.
The Associate Director will lead a number of day-to-day accounts and be responsible for client delivery, satisfaction and growth. You will lead an existing team of five PR professionals and work with the agency’s wider talent across creative, strategy, digital, and analytics to delivery truly outstanding service and outcomes for clients. You will report directly to the agency’s co-founders.
- Be a senior contact for client accounts, providing advice that gives them confidence and builds long-term relationships.
- Manage client service and agency performance, ensuring the standard of output across the agency is second-to-none – always faultless, proactive, meaningful, and fame-changing for our clients.
- Lead multiple accounts across different industries.
- Take the lead in drafting new business proposals, often independently while seeking and managing input from across multiple teams beyond core PR.
- Identify and build relationships with prospective clients of the agency.
- Understand the commercials of agency life – maintaining profitability on client accounts, time management and discussing scope questions with clients proactively.
THE ATTRIBUTES WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Senior advice: you will be a confident, experienced voice in the room, both in client meetings and new business pitches. You will be working with and reporting up to CEO/founder level with some clients, and need to feel confident working at that level and providing advice that meets the expectations of experienced, impressive and well-connected clients.
Multi-sector experience: on day one you will be working with clients in fintech, healthtech, ecommerce, third sector, and luxury, delivering work across trade, national and international media. You will have worked with clients in different sectors in your career and be excited at the variety of work that comes with this role.
B2B and B2C experience: you will have experience working with both B2B and B2C clients, and will be as comfortable handling announcements and providing strategic advice as you are thinking about creative concepts, working with our creative team.
Media relations expertise: you will have a wide-ranging knowledge of PR and media tactics and best practice.
Intelligence and problem solving: fundamentally we want smart people who can provide deep advice to our clients on some of the biggest issues they face, and do so independently. You will be able to address these problems on a day-to-day basis and provide solutions to clients without needing regular input.
Writing: you are a strong writer with an ability to think and create at pace.
Attention to detail: you are an account lead that never allows a document to leave the agency with a single mistake.
A creative mindset: we need people who have ideas and are not afraid to share them. People who can think about the problems and challenges our clients face and how we can drive real insight and intelligence that helps them to solve them. We need people who are as data-savvy as they are creative, who are able to search for the right information to inform their ideas and interrogate data to arrive at game-changing concepts for our clients.
Independence: our culture is about getting the job done, it’s not about a 9-5 job in the office. We want people who are flexible and take responsibility and initiative for their own work, development and careers. We trust you to do your job and put in 110% – and for that, we provide a culture of ultimate flexibility and trust.
- Minimum seven years’ proven agency experience working on clients across multiple sectors.
- A good knowledge of the media landscape with established relationships and demonstrable campaign delivery in the past.
- Polished presenter and adept at explaining PR terms and outcomes to senior clients.
- Experience of developing new business, both in leading pitch processes and using your own ideas and network to originate opportunities.
- Capable of independently bringing in and winning business.
- A deep understanding and knowledge of the PR and communications sector.
- Management experience of developing star performers and overseeing performance.
COMPANY VALUES AND CULTURE
BOLDNESS: We are proactively confident and courageous in our attitude and approach. Our boldness is underpinned by the belief in the quality of our product and our minds, which we commit to improving for both our clients’ benefit and our own, every single day.
TRANSPARENCY: We are honest with our clients and each other. We do not hide behind complexity, trends and buzzwords. Our time, thinking, successes and failures are laid bare. We strive for learnings that make us better and honest relationships that grow into partnerships.
EMPATHY: We care about each other and the world we live in. We know the key to our success is in understanding people and to do this we must start with our team and clients. We will only make a sustainable, positive, meaningful impact if each action is rooted in empathy.
CHALLENGE: We question what we are told and how things seem, investigating everything ourselves to either substantiate or refute. We do not believe in best practice and generic, considered norms. We believe in challenge, debate, thinking, learning, change, evolution and breaking barriers.
PROGRESSIVENESS: Our environment, company, people, product and service must always evolve and be better. We can only do this if we experiment, learn, remedy and improve. We are passionately inclusive and heavily rely on difference and diversity for our collective growth.
WHAT YOU GET IN RETURN
Apart from a good starting salary and being part of growing something special from an early stage, you can expect a truly radical place to work that is built to deliver the best possible environment for our people and clients.
In addition to that salary and culture, you can expect some great benefits, including:
- The opportunity to join our employee share option scheme in time.
- A radically transparent bonus structure, where you could receive up to 30% of salary depending on company and personal performance.
- We contribute some of our outperformance to charitable causes which you help choose.
- A new business bonus for any new clients you win for the company.
- And a bonus for any new staff you refer.
- Half a day off per month for learning, development and reading – we think this is so important so this is mandatory for all employees.
- Matched pension contribution.
- Unlimited holiday and flexible working.
- The day off (guaranteed) for your birthday.
- A day off (also guaranteed) if you need to move house.
- Wellness/mindfulness time within working hours every week for those that want it.
A CARBON NEUTRAL BUSINESS
Boldspace measures its performance on profit, people and planet combined. From day one, we will offset your carbon footprint entirely. The cost of this is covered 100% by the company.
Please submit a CV of maximum two pages to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In your cover email please:
- Share examples of your strongest experience delivering a B2B and B2C client account (one each).
- Tell us something interesting about you that you think we should know above all else.
- Tell us who your dream client would be and why.