ACCOUNT MANAGER (COMMUNICATIONS / PR)
Full time: £32-38k DOE
Boldspace is looking for an Account Manager to take on a leading role across a variety of consumer clients that facilitate our purpose of making an objective, positive impact by building meaningful brands and creating bold communications.
The ideal candidate will have 3+ years’ experience and bring both a supremely organised approach and a creative spirit to the role. They must have experience within the consumer / lifestyle space and have a track record of delivering integrated and impactful creative campaigns.
- Exceptional client management skills: you will be used to managing varied clients – from household brands to ambitious start-ups. You will excel at building trusted relationships with clients, stakeholders and budget holders, catching any potential issues before they happen. You will build a commercial relationship with your clients from the outset, ensuring they understand the value Boldspace brings. You will be comfortable managing client expectations and pushing back when required.
- Account delivery: you will ensure client account teams have the understanding, knowledge, and enthusiasm to deliver high quality work and results for clients. You will ensure team members are briefed thoroughly on work delegated. When working with external suppliers you will ensure they have a clear scope of work, objectives, budget and timeline to manage output successfully.
- Creative thinking & strategic advice: there will not be a day that goes by where we aren’t spending time coming up with creative ideas to solve our clients’ biggest problems. This is our absolute focus and what sets us apart. You will strive to produce work the rest of the industry talks about, staying abreast of what Is happening and work to implement new thinking and behaviour. Leading by example you will motivate your team to constantly think of ideas to pitch proactively, and reactively, to clients.
THE ATTRIBUTES WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Organisation: You will feel comfortable leading accounts, both with client relationships and the work itself. You will quickly get to know what work clients want, how they want to work, and who they are and build a great rapport, ensuring a brilliant experience.
- Intelligence: fundamentally we want smart people who can provide deep advice to our clients on some of the biggest issues they face. This doesn’t mean you need an Oxbridge degree – far from it. We want life-clever and book-clever people – and preferably a bit of both.
- Independence: our culture is about getting the job done, it’s not about a 9-5 job in the office. We want people who are flexible and take responsibility and initiative for their own work, development and careers. We trust you to do your job and put in 110% – and for that, we provide a culture of ultimate flexibility and trust.
- Communications: you will have strong communication skills with a focus on both intra- and inter-team collaboration.
- Writing: you are a strong writer with an ability to think and create at pace.
- A creative mindset: we need people who have ideas and are not afraid to share them. People who can think about the problems and challenges our clients face and how we can drive real insight and intelligence that helps them to solve them. We need people who are as data-savvy as they are creative, who are able to search for the right information to inform their ideas and interrogate data to arrive at game-changing concepts for our clients.
COMPANY VALUES AND CULTURE
BOLDNESS: We are proactively confident and courageous in our attitude and approach.
TRANSPARENCY: We are honest with our clients and each other.
EMPATHY: We care about each other and the world we live in.
CHALLENGE: We question what we are told and how things seem.
PROGRESSIVENESS: Our environment, company, people & product must always be better.
WHAT YOU GET IN RETURN
Apart from a good starting salary and being part of growing something special you can expect a truly radical place to work with maximum freedom and benefits:
Learning & development: everyone has a compulsory 1/2 day a month to learn, read and develop where they see fit.
Pensions: a 5% employer contribution.
Equipment: choose your own equipment – let us know which tools you need and we’ll do our best to get them for you.
Holiday: unlimited holiday (including all UK public holidays) – we trust our staff to take the time they need and still excel in their jobs – and days off for birthdays and moving house are guaranteed!
Flexible working: complete choice over where you work each day.
Regular salary reviews: in line with a salary framework, to ensure equal pay for equal work and that we recognise and reward when your responsibilities increase.
Socials: team socials regularly, chosen by the team.
Team days: time to get to know each other away from the office.
Bonus: eligibility for performance, new business and staff introduction bonuses.
Supporting good causes: we contribute some of our outperformance to charitable causes which the team help choose.
Wellness: time within working hours every week for those that want or need it.
Monthly benefits budget: £50 per month, every month, to spend on whatever you want – from a home delivered vegetable box and discounted gym memberships, to mental health support and professional coaching.
A CARBON NEUTRAL BUSINESS
Boldspace measures its performance on profit, people and planet combined. From day one, we will offset your carbon footprint entirely. The cost of this is covered 100% by the company.
Please submit a CV of maximum two pages (preferably one) and your portfolio of work to email@example.com.BACK